If you are in Sydney and you you are looking to install a ducted air conditioning system in your house, our team of professionals will perform a quick, clean installation with an excellent finish.
To know more about ducted air conditioning systems, their advantages, sizes as well as cleaning and maintenance information, click on the “Learn more” button. To close the text box, press the ESC button on your keyboard or click anywhere outside the box.
What is ducted air conditioning?
Ducted air conditioning is an air conditioning system based on air circulation through a centralised network of ducts, which is installed on a false ceiling. This system consists of an exterior unit, an interior unit and the ducts that distribute the air throughout the house.
The greatest benefit of air conditioning through ducts lies in the speed and uniformity of air conditioning, since it works through a single interior unit. In this way, the desired temperature (whether it is hot or cold) is distributed equally between the different areas of the house. It is also very quiet, almost imperceptible.
Is my house suitable for the installation of air ducts?
The first thing to consider before installing a ducted heating and cooling system is whether the house is suitable for it. Since its installation is not as simple as split air conditioning, the construction characteristics of the house come into play. If, on the contrary, the house already has the pre-installation of ducts made, we only have to worry about choosing the model that best suits our needs. If this is not your case, read on.
Elements that could be in the way of the ducts:
Sometimes we find beams and other constructive elements that prevent the passage of the ducts. Consult with one of our technicians
Space for the indoor unit:
Generally the indoor unit is placed in the bathroom, on the false ceiling and usually measures, to have an idea, about 30 centimeters high by 100 centimeters wide and 50 centimeters deep.
Duct air conditioning brands
At Schillair we supply the main brands of ducted air conditioning to make sure that our clients get the best products in the market and therefore long term peace of mind:
Fujitsu With more than 75 years in the production of air conditioning equipment, Fujitsu air conditioners are extremely silent, offer great energy efficiency and have all the technical features in air conditioning.
Daikin is a specialist in efficient, low noise air conditioning and heating. Among its range of ducted air conditioning we highlight the FDYQN180LCV1, it has low height, a positive factor for both the aesthetics of the ceiling and for the installation.
Advantages of ducted air conditioning
- The most efficient option when we need to air-condition more than one room
- It goes unnoticed, being much more aesthetic, since there is no machine hanging on the wall.
- It is quieter than other systems, since we do not need an indoor unit in each room, the system is centralised.
- You can regulate the temperature and power of the air by rooms or areas of the house.
- .wifi capabilities
Some aspects to consider before choosing a ducted air conditioning
We give you some advice so that you can choose the best option in ducted air conditioning for you.
- Use of refrigerant gas R410A (majority) or R32 (best). Do not buy any equipment with R22 gas, since its use and recharge is prohibited ( At Schillair we do not have any equipment of these characteristics).
- Energy efficiency of A+ or higher, with which will save you energy month by month.
- DC Inverter technology, which makes the air conditioning equipment more efficient and silent.
- Reduced height (about 250mm is good): Choosing lower height equipment will take less space in the ceiling of the house and facilitate its installation.
- Weekly program: A very useful feature when we want the air conditioning to turn on or off automatically according to different times of the day.
- Remote control functions, according to your needs.
Maintenance and cleaning
Regular cleaning of the ducts for dust and other particles is very important to maintain a healthy air conditioning system and avoid the so-called sick building syndrome.
How much does a duct air conditioner cost?
The price of a duct air conditioner varies according to its power and performance. Here is the list of some air conditioning equipment by ducts.
It should be remembered that, although duct air conditioners are usually more expensive than split air conditioners, their advantages of energy saving, comfort and aesthetics make them one of the most demanded solutions in new construction.
Model Type Price
Dakin FDYAN100AV1 ducted air conditioning System, Single phase. $6,999.00 Installed. Do you need a ducted air conditioner?
Here are our available ducted air conditioners. If you need more information to buy a ducted air conditioner, please contact us.